Translate

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Busy Summer

It's been a pretty busy summer and I have to admit I've laid down my hook for the most part for the past few months. I did manage to complete one afghan inspired from a pattern in the June 2012 issue of
Crochet World Magazine called Fruit Salad designed by Debra Arch.  You can buy back copies of the issue at www.crochet-world.com.

It's a simple ripple pattern that was easy to follow and it didn't require a lot of concentration. I'd say a beginner plus could handle it with ease.

I didn't follow the color pattern exactly as I had similar color yarns in my stash and just made my own color change choices. I think it turned out very close to the original. It will give my neutral green/brown living room a "pop" of color! 



I have a few baby projects in the works as a few new ones will be born this fall and I'm anxious to try a few new patterns I've found on various web sites this summer. As the days shorten I'll be indoors more in the evening so I'm sure I'll need to keep my hands busy and will be sharing more of my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment