Translate

Monday, November 12, 2012

This and That








Ohiopyle, PA

It's been an exceptionally beautiful fall here in Pennsylvania. The fall foliage was spectacular here at home and in the nearby mountains.
I just completed this hat and scarf for my granddaughter Liz. She loves sparkle. I found this sparkled red cotton yarn this summer at a yard sale rolled up into a big ball. Liz loves her sparkles so here she is modeling the new hat and scarf. I've been making lots of hats lately and most of the patterns are very similar. I found this tutorial on exactly how to increase for the size you want on Pinterest. No more guessing. It has worked perfectly.
http://pinterest.com/pin/247838785715228888/

I've recently started my own little service project making hats for the babies and kids at West Virginia University Children's Hospital in Morgantown, WV,  where my daughter works as a pediatric dietitian.
I hope to keep them supplied with enough hats for the winter and then some. It's a great way to maybe brighten a child's day in dreary hospital setting. Here are some of my baby and preemie hats.


You can find patterns for these and many others on my hat board on Pinterest.
http://pinterest.com/grandmagaildvo/hats/

My new favorite hat pattern is one that involves cables. It's free and sized from preemie to adult. Works up in about an hour for an adult hat. This one is made with one skein of Lion Brand Amazing yarn. ( It is amazing and so much fun to work with! )  You can find it on my Hat board at the above link or at 
http://www.rheatheylia.com/index.php?page=patterns&id=10



And here it is made with baby yarn for my granddaughter in the child size.



No comments:

Post a Comment